Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2010 NEW!


So Far in 2010!!!!

Hey there my fellow bloggers!
My year has so far and will contain laughter, stress, hype, old and new friends,
love, reading, thoughts, questions and answers.
I'm currently living in Melbourne, and doing an Internship/Certificate 4 in
Contemporary Leadership at Planetshakers College. This also includes a ministry
of choice which I feel to be called to which is Youth.
This Blog used to just be about me, but for now this blog is for
all my family and friends back in Tassie and also here here in Melbourne. So they
can read the experiences I am having on this very exciting journey.

So, what to tell you already...
My first day at shakers was quite bazaar! I don't think i really felt like I was there, it was interesting. The first person I met was Shenaea, it was funny because I thought she was already an intern so i didn't know how to act around her, but she totally wasn't and this made things a whole lot easier. we also found out that we were both doing Boom together which was even more exciting. (boom is their youth name) Then we basically all had to break the ice and introduce ourselves to the rest of the amazing class and learn about just some key things about what the year will be about and what was in store for us.
We then went and had Lunch goodness knows where now, it was 5 weeks ago!!! anyway that was nice and during this i got to meet more people, William who is Chinese and a very funny man! Frankie, which has gone through my head where he is from but he is great! Jeffin who is Indian and is sooooooooooooo funny and quiet, Jo (who lives with Jeff) he is also Indian and is also very funny. (everyone is FUNNY!) also Gabby! she is soooo amazing, i love her already, she is from Mildura along with Tim who is only 16!!! but flippin acts like he is 20! haha, he reminds me of you Sam Fair if you're reading this, yep you two would be best friends if you met each other.
After lunch it was back to the offices for the college students then home time. So THAT was my first day at shakers.

As the days went on i met everyone else and now we are such an amazing family of interns and college students. We have already had a picnic altogether, tried organising trips to places! and made many trips to maccars on our thursday dinner breaks! Basically we just all get along with each other, love each other and would do anything for each other!

The boom interns I have the privilege to work with are Shenaea, Nick, Ben, Tom, Felicia, Lisa and Sam! The last three girls i mentioned (Fe, Lis and Sam) are Mid year interns so they have been there since July last year and if we did not have these girls we would die! So thank you so so much for everything you have done and are doing!

Ok so... My basic week is
Monday: 1pm-5:15pm with two lectures
Tuesday: Day off but I'm usually helping Belinda with Olive which is so much fun!
Wednesday: Day off also but at night we have Boom Urban Life (small groups) or Discipleship.
Thursday: 10am-9pm this long period of time there is Chapel in the morning which is always sooo amazing and the rest of the day there are 3 lectures. mind you we do get breaks!
Friday: This is my stream day, so this is where i work with youth. We pack our cars and go to the place we are doing Boom that night and set up for it then Boom starts and then once it has finished we pack down and go back to the offices and pack everything back. It is such a huge day but I love doing it because of the benefits and feelings that over whelm you when you see the youth of Melbourne come in and have such a great time!
Saturday: Day Off (i sleep for most of this day)
Sunday: CHURCH! wooo. for this I'm either setting it up or packing it down.

Melbourne Traffic: all i can say is watch out Launceston, My driving it going to be terrible! so many bad habbits! GAH but it will be ok! The only thing i still hate and i am scared of are Trams! just leave. alright!?

Home sickness: For all you people who i love back at home i am missing you all like CRAZY! i have had my days where i have been down in the dumps. bit they are decreasing, not because i'm missing you all less, thats soooo not true. But because this year is becoming more and more a reality and just knowing that God has put me where at such a time as this, well is an honor! The favor that is on Planetshakers City Church right now and what they are doing with it is unbelievable! Just witnessing it is basically a miracle before my eyes and i am just so blessed to be apart of it.

My Spirit: HAS GROWN ALREADY! wow, it is insane! God is revealing so much to me already it has sometimes just freaked me out!!! So i don't freak YOU out if you would like to know more about it just ask me and i will explain! (get ready)

Siblings: It has been SOOOOOOOOOO long since i have lived with my siblings, and now living with one, Paul it is so awesome. Living with my brother is fun, we always have chats about when He was growing up or when I was growing up etc etc, the things you hear and learn aye! So much i have missed out on being 11 years younger than one of my siblings (the others 14-16 years) is interesting. I'm sure there will be more conversations to be had, i also have these with Belinda and Darren. But I don't see them as much as Paulie. But I am loving it.

Well i guess thats all i will update you with for now. I'll be updating this frequently, so please come check each week and converse with me!!!! haha.

Love and miss you all my dear friends and family. Cannot wait to come see you all when I do next.

Grace and Peace
Kristy x

These are just the college students.... yeah we are doing "yoga" as i said we are pretty insane! hahaha.

No comments: